Join Our Team
Career Opportunities and Open Positions
Daniel Enriquez talks about working at BES
Mental Health Clinician
The Mental Health Clinician (MHC) is responsible for providing counseling services to an
assigned caseload of unaccompanied children (UCs) at an on-site children’s residential facility.
This position functions as the liaison with other MHCs, Case Management and any other onsite
vendors. This position is responsible for ensuring contractual requirements and client
expectations are met at the on-site residential facility.
What the Ideal Candidate looks like:
- Must be Bilingual in Spanish & English
- Master’s degree in:
- Social Work
o *Other relevant behavioral science in which clinical experience is a program
- Flexibility & willingness to travel as needed
- Excellent presentation skills as well as oral and written communication skills requiredProficiency with computer, common office equipment and MS Office products required
- Ensures that all Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) policies and procedures are
- Conducts and documents mental health assessments for all children in care as well as
- Ongoing individual and group counseling in accordance with ORR policies and
- Screens for human trafficking concerns.
- Ensures quality care for all unaccompanied children (UC) residents and timely response
to UC’s needs, including crisis intervention.
- Provides weekly counseling to assigned caseload.
- Provides group therapy/community group meetings.
- Coordinate caseload with assigned case managers and lead case managers.
- Provides reports needed to supervisor.
- Attends internal and external meetings.
- Maintains the UC case file and ORR database in accordance with ORR policies and
- Reports significant incidents in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Follows up on all Significant Incident Reports (SIRs).
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals.
- Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility.
- Encourages co-workers to work safely.
- Identifies close calls and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned within your scope of work and responsibility.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA
- ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Since our inception in 2008, Behavioral & Educational Solutions (BESDC) has positioned itself as a leader in mental health and social support services for children and families in the DC Metro area. We are a clinician owned multi-disciplinary team of psychologists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, social-workers, and behavioral analysts providing support, resources, solutions, respite, and education to families. We are committed to collaborating with families and schools so interventions are solution focused, culturally sensitive, and developmentally appropriate. We are a team of culturally diverse and energetic professionals committed to providing comprehensive services that serve the entire child and nurture his/her development. We are looking for like-minded professionals. We are seeking an innovative and forward-thinking child/adolescent psychologist who seeks to establish and grow a career with us.
This position is ideal for a recently licensed psychologist looking to specialize working with children (of age-groups). We have opportunities to work providing therapy, evaluations, supervision, and parent coaching in our clinic, as well as, a mental health consultation with area pre-schools, and consultation with elementary to high school clients. Populations served include early child, school age, adolescents, and young adults.
What the Ideal Candidate looks like:
- Passionate about making sure the needs and welfare of clients are a priority.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to providing best practice services.
- Willing to work collaboratively with other disciplines, community agencies, and educational and judicial systems.
- Possesses the ability to develop professional relationships and be flexible in complex situations.
- Has the ability to work independently
- STRONG organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Render individual and group therapy within clinical settings.
- Perform psychological assessments and complete report writing
- Diagnose disorders and determine the appropriate course of treatment
- Develop and implement goal specific and measurable treatment plan
- Conduct parent and teacher workshops and trainings
- Perform functional behavior assessments
- Consult with teachers and parents
Email email@example.com for more information
Registered Behavior Technician
Since our inception in 2008, Behavioral & Educational Solutions (BESDC) has positioned itself as a leader in mental health and social support services for children and families in the DC Metro area. Our team of psychologists, speech and language pathologists, social-workers, and behavioral analysts provide support, resources, solutions, respite, and education so families can increase engaged quality time together. We are committed to collaborating with families and schools, so interventions are solution focused, culturally sensitive, and developmentally appropriate. We are a team of young, culturally diverse, and energetic professionals committed to providing comprehensive services that serve the entire child and nurture his/her development. We are looking for like-minded professionals.
Role and Responsibilities
Full-time and contract openings for Behavior Therapists. The position is in the Washington, DC & Maryland area. The position is ideal for current students and recent graduates in the fields of Psychology or Education looking to practice in a variety of settings. There are opportunities to work with the public schools, Early Head Start and Strong Start programs, and through private and public insurance. Company will provide needed training required to provide services.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Provide home, school, and community based Applied Behavior Analysis services to children
- Attends scheduled sessions and implements one-to-one behavior intervention services with clients and families
- Attends team meetings, relates observations, and demonstrates behavior interventions and programs
- Implements behavior intervention strategies as decided upon in team meetings and/or as directed by a Lead
- Therapist or Program Supervisor
- Receives feedback in a professional manner & Implements feedback received
- Completes timesheets accurately and completely
- Submits timesheets by deadline
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate Degree in Psychology, Education, or Related Field (Preferred)
- Must have own vehicle and license to drive with proof of valid insurance
- Evening and weekend (Saturday) availability preferred
Preferred Skills: Spanish and English proficiency is highly desired.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Board Certified Behavior Analyst
The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) is responsible for overseeing the creation and implementation of individualized and other behavior programs associated with his or her clients/caseload. The BCBA may work within public schools, child development centers, clinic, and client homes. The BCBA evaluates staff, provides constructive feedback, and plans staff training as needed; consults and coaches caregivers; and actively collaborates with management to improve practices and efficiency of behavioral health department.
- Perform ABA evaluations and therapy in homes, schools, and clinic setting.
- Develop and monitor effective execution of treatment plans.
- Perform functional behavior assessments.
- Create behavior intervention plans and train essential persons (e.g. teachers, school aides, parents, other family members) to carry them out.
- Provide consistent supervision (at least 1 hour per 20 hours of service) of RBTs.
- Review and sign off on RBT client notes.
- Regularly evaluate RBTs and make recommendation for awards/recognition, promotion, improvement plan, or termination.
- Complete progress reports as needed by company policy and/or insurance company.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of documentation submission from RBTs.
- Provide supervision, training, and mentorship of recently certified BCBA and behavioral therapists.
- Develop and implement parent and teacher coaching, based on the client and caregiver/teacher’s needs.
- Provide school consultations
- Participation in IEP and IFSP meetings
- Effectively manage caseload assignments
- Seek support and guidance from supervisor as needed with clinical and operational matters
- Comply with all HIPPA and other applicable privacy laws
- Maintain certification and licensure requirements that are needed to perform job
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must be certified as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Must be licensed in the State of Maryland.
- Experience providing ABA interventions with children and adolescents.
- Experience programming for natural environments.
- Experience evaluating and treating in a variety of settings preferred.
- Spanish and English proficiency is highly desired.
- Candidates also having school psychologist credentials are highly desired.
Essential Skills and Qualities
- Possesses strong knowledge of HIPPA and other relevant patient privacy regulations.
- Applies principles of logical thinking and problem solving when drawing on valid evidence-based conclusions.
- Works under minimal supervision from management.
- Able to multitask and adhere to deadlines.
- Knowledge of how to motivate team members.
- Strong knowledge of child development and atypical development
- Works professionally using courtesy and tact during all forms of communication such as verbally, via email, and on the telephone
Travel and Physical Requirements
Travel required to clients’ locations. Requires standing, sitting, and floor activities. Must be able to physically assist clients, which may require lifting or physically guiding them. Lifting may exceed 50lbs.